Pageviews past week

Saturday, June 18, 2011

12:32 P.M. (Protect your Purpose by protecting your Gift)

Hello and I hope everyone is having a great day. I am constantly thinking of ways to inspire my readers and I have decided to simply write down my thoughts or just some of my random conversations in the form of a blog. The time will indicate the moment I put my thoughts onto paper and at the conclusion of the blog I will give it a title. So here we go, here is my first blog.

While working out in the gym yesterday I couldn’t help but think about the recent impact of my short stories. I never imagined a year ago I would be deployed, in the process of writing my first book, be in a relationship, and have a flourishing fan base. To this day, I am still extremely honored by the messages and comments I receive. After thinking about my recent success I really started to ask God why He has blessed me with such an amazing gift. I have always struggled with that very question, but through prayer, the encouraging words of friends and family, and my faith, I have started to use my gift to chase my dreams. It is amazing how God has given everybody a gift or a talent in order to experience His presence and His greatness. I know a lot of people including myself have asked this next question you are about to read. How God could give such an extraordinary gift to such an ordinary and sinful human being? Well today I encourage everybody to use their gift that God has given to them in spite of your struggles. All gifts are given freely, come with a choice, and will either bring glory to God or become manipulated by sin. I was talking to my best friend a couple of months ago and we were talking about finding your purpose in Christ. When you embrace your purpose in God you will naturally use your gifts in order to fulfill your purpose. Today if you are reading this blog I want you to chase your dreams, use your gifts, trust in God, embrace the love of God, and walk in faith. Everyone is a work in progress, but please use your gift because at any moment your gift could very well bring you a spiritual, emotional, or physical breakthrough. I have discussed your gifts in context with God, but there is also another side to this coin. When you DO NOT use your gifts, you will often experience resentment and never feel a sense of fulfillment. But even more important, Satan will attempt to use your gift as an instrument to defy your soul against God. It is amazing because everyone will naturally use their gifts in some fashion, but we must be very careful and protective about those gifts that God has equipped us with. Well, I am signing out! Thanks for all of your support and I look forward to your feedback. I know it’s an abrupt ending! But all my fans know I always have a rough landing! Lol

Written By: Deaushay Watts

Editor: Tyeicha Nesbitt

©2011 Deaushay L. Watts


No comments: