Pageviews past week

Sunday, May 8, 2011

The Importance of a Spiritual Connection in a relationship

I am 25 years old and I have been around my share of heartbroken women. I have noticed some of the most hurt women are those who actually have misplaced faith and hope in a relationship destined to fail. I completely understand women don’t want an overly spiritual man, but most good men also don’t want overly spiritual women. I am always confused when I walk in church and see the women with the kids while the man is at home lying in bed watching a football game. By no means does going to church guarantee a good man, but it is certainly a good start. On to my second point, just because a man attends the church doesn’t make him a man of God. We as men will fail because no one is perfect, but a man of God understands the true value of a healthy relationship. Examine the person you are dating to ensure he isn’t just going to church for good looks, but discuss the word of God and I suggest you even pray together. I know this may sound lame to a bunch of females, but where has your past relationships gotten you without God. The time to consult God isn’t at the altar, but it should start when you are first dating that person. If you can go out on dates, sleep in the same bed; argue like a married couple, and etc, make sure there is a healthy spiritual connection. Last but not least, ensure your partner shares the same religious beliefs, if you think church every Sunday is the standard and he thinks church once a year is the standard, then there needs to be some good dialogue to come to a common agreement. Either way it goes, you will be praying to God, you might as well have His approval from the beginning.

No comments: